EMPLOYEE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE
Yanfeng Global Automotive Interiors Systems and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively, YFAI) care about your privacy and are committed to processing your personal information in accordance with fair information practices and applicable data privacy laws.
This notice explains how YFAI handles the personal information of employees, applicants, interns, former employees, dependents, beneficiaries, contractors, consultants and temporary agency workers in the course of its human resources activities. We may amend this notice from time to time, should it become necessary to do so. This notice may also be supplemented by other statements as needed to comply with local requirements in the country where you live, or where employees’ representation agreements exist.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may process your personal information for legitimate business purposes to administer our employment or contractual relationship with you and to run our businesses. We may collect, use and transfer your personal information through automated and/or paper-based data processing systems. We have established routine processing functions (such as processing for regular payroll and benefits administration). We also process personal information on an occasional or ad hoc basis (such as when an employee is being considered for a particular new position or in the context of changes to its marital status for example).
In the normal course of human resources activities, we can collect the following types of personal information:
- Personal identification information, such as your name, home address, date of birth, gender, work-related photographs, and home phone number;
- Government-issued identification numbers, such as national ID for payroll purposes;
- Immigration, right-to-work and residence status;
- Family and emergency contact details;
- Job-related information, such as years of service, work location, employment ID, work record, vacation
absences, and contract data;
- Educational and training information, such as your educational awards, certificates and licenses, vocational records and in-house training attendance;
- Recruitment and performance-related data, such as objectives, ratings, comments, feedback results, career history, work equipment, career and succession planning, skills and competencies and other work-
- Information related to your usage of YFAI’s assets;
- Information needed for compliance and risk management, such as disciplinary records, background check reports and security data; and
- Payroll- and payment or benefits-related information, such as salary and insurance information, dependents, government identifier or tax numbers, bank account details, and employment related benefits information.
We process personal information for the following purposes: (1) workforce planning, recruitment and staffing; (2) workforce administration, payroll, compensation and benefit programs; (3) performance management, learning and development; (4) advancement and succession planning; (5) legal compliance, including compliance with government authority requests for information, liens, garnishments and tax compliance; (6) workplace management, such as travel and expense programs and internal health and safety programs, (7) internal reporting, (8) audit; (9) to protect YFAI, its workforce, and the public against injury, theft, legal liability, fraud or abuse; and (10) other legal and customary business-related purposes.
In addition, we may process sensitive personal information if it is needed for legitimate business objectives or if it is required to comply with applicable law. Sensitive personal information will not be collected, processed or transferred, except where adequate privacy protection mechanisms are in place and after having first obtained your informed consent, if required by law.
We may disclose your personal information for legitimate purposes in the following circumstances to:
• Other YFAI entities, joint ventures, subcontractors, vendors or suppliers who perform services on our behalf for the aforementioned purposes;
• A newly formed or acquiring organization if YFAI is involved in a merger, sale or a transfer of some or all of its business;
• Any recipient, if we are required to do so, such as by applicable court order or law;
• Any recipient, with your consent, such as for employment verification or bank loans; or
• Any recipient when reasonably necessary such as in the event of a life-threatening emergency.
We respect your right to object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information that are not (i) required by law, (ii) necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation (e.g., employment contract), or (iii) required to meet a legitimate need of YFAI as an employer (such as disclosures for internal auditing and reporting purposes or other processing covered by this notice). If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable accommodation.
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the country where you work, including to countries that do not provide the same level of protection for your personal information. YFAI is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we will assure that adequate protection exists either through appropriate contractual arrangements or as required by law.
YFAI stores personal data at the data center of its service provider Oracle in Amsterdam, Netherlands, Europe as well as other service providers such as Adient based on a Transition Services Agreement (TSA) at its data center in Burscheid, Germany.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, and current. Please note that you have shared responsibility with regard to the accuracy of your personal information. Please notify Human Resources of any changes to your personal information or that of your beneficiaries or dependents.
You may reasonably access and update the personal information pertaining to you that is on file with YFAI. You can exercise this right by contacting your local Human Resources, the Data Protection Official (where applicable) or the Privacy Office. Please note that:
• Your ability to access and correct personal information is not limited by transfers of personal information – the ability shall exist regardless of where personal information is physically situated within YFAI.
• Your right to access your personal information may have some restrictions. For example, access may be denied (i) in the case of recurrent access requests within a short time interval, or (ii) where providing such access or correction could compromise the privacy of another person or unreasonably expose sensitive company information.
YFAI takes precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the information systems on which your personal information is stored and we require our suppliers and service providers to protect your personal information by contractual means.
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected, usually for the duration of any contractual relationship and for any period thereafter as legally required or permitted by applicable law.
Handling Privacy Concerns
If you have any questions about this notice or if you believe that your personal information is not handled in accordance with the applicable law or this notice, you have several options:
- Contact the Privacy Office
a. in EMEA: Andreas Fellisch at Andreas.email@example.com
b. in USA, Canada and Latin America: Will Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org
c. in APAC: Sun,Lin at email@example.com
- Discuss the issue with your supervisor or another supervisor or manager,
- Contact the Human Resources department,
- If applicable in your country, you may also contact YFAI 24-hour Integrity Helpline:
a. Via the Internet: www.yfai.ethicspoint.com
b. Via toll-free telephone numbers and in most local languages from USA, Latin America, Europe,
Asia, and South Africa; phone numbers can be found at: www.yfai.ethicspoint.com